Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2020, 10:06:36 AM

Author Topic: Time Trial Race  (Read 294 times)

Jenis

• Banned
  • n00b
  • Mapper
    • My portfolio
  • Ingame: [MAP_FORCE]Jenis
Time Trial Race
« on: May 25, 2020, 05:15:32 PM »
Explanation:
My suggestion is a time trial races with the help of visual check points on the road. There can be a leaderboard, as soon as someone breaks the record they would get on the list automatically. It would be fantastic if the script can be made that drivers could go trough each other similar to Ghost Mode so they don't hit each other if they're spawned in the same world which would ruin each others times. We can have one ore multiple tracks, one way tracks. Checkpoints can be mapped and track can be just a little bit adjusted with arrows on the buildings at some parts to help drivers don't make a mistake. Also, there can be mapped visible blocking wall, similar to Need For Speed walls that doesn't let driver to get out of the racing line.
Preffered car for the time trial:
The Sultan's performance is comparable to that of the sports coupes and supercars in GTA San Andreas, whilst its grippy 4x4 drive layout makes it particularly controllable as it is less prone to spinning out than the rear wheel drive cars.

Track layout:
I made this quick layout, which in my opinion is the best. It has some elevation changes, sharp turns, straights. It would be quite interesting seeing numerous of players trying to beat records.

Preferred textdraw on the screen:

At the end, I only presented this idea. Everything can be changed and adjusted to the server. This was my attempt to show how it could work nicely. I think this could be nice addition to the server. People love competing.

Kima

• Postwhore
  • 8)
  • Ingame: [MAP_FORCE]kima
Re: Time Trial Race
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 06:11:37 PM »
I've seen the Ghost Mode that you are talking about on other server it would be cool like that.
In my opinion, there should be an arrow on top of the car that leads to the checkpoint.
Multiple modes would be cool for example a track in San Fierro where you drive Elegy, and a track in Las Venturas where you drive Bullet or something like that.
Leaderboard would look very cool.

The concept is excellent!!!
I would be very happy if something like this is going to be imported into xMovie gamemode.
If you need any maps, i can help with it in the future.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:23:08 PM by Kima »
xMovian since 2017.
VIP since of 19.4.2020. 8) 

Jenis

• Banned
  • n00b
  • Mapper
    • My portfolio
  • Ingame: [MAP_FORCE]Jenis
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 07:59:22 PM »
I've seen the Ghost Mode that you are talking about on other server it would be cool like that.
In my opinion, there should be an arrow on top of the car that leads to the checkpoint.
Multiple modes would be cool for example a track in San Fierro where you drive Elegy, and a track in Las Venturas where you drive Bullet or something like that.
Leaderboard would look very cool.

The concept is excellent!!!
I would be very happy if something like this is going to be imported into xMovie gamemode.
If you need any maps, i can help with it in the future.  ;D

Thank you very much mate, I appreciate your words of support and possible ideas that could be linked to this proposal. Indeed, multiple cities and different car for each city would be ideal because to someone infernus or bullet for example, lies better rather than sultan. Let's see what others will say about this :)

Kima

• Postwhore
  • 8)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 10:19:43 PM »
A track around whole San Andreas would be cool too!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:23:20 PM by Kima »
xMovian since 2017.

SergiuTatar

• Server Administrator (Level 4)
  • Regular
  • Country Boy
    • xMovieServer
  • Ingame: SergiuTatar
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 10:50:53 PM »
We should definitely have a few racing minigames thoughout SA, perhaps even on dirt roads with off-road vehicles/motorcycles. I haven't given it much thought, but I would like us to have some races at some point.

xMovian since 01/04/2014.
Current rank: Server Administrator (4)
Administrator since 03/06/2014.

Kima

• Postwhore
  • 8)
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 09:25:40 AM »
We should definitely have a few racing minigames thoughout SA, perhaps even on dirt roads with off-road vehicles/motorcycles. I haven't given it much thought, but I would like us to have some races at some point.
Sure, motorcycles would be a good feature too.
Even custom maps for races that players made would be good.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:23:31 PM by Kima »
xMovian since 2017.