Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2018, 12:57:09 PM

Author Topic: Suggestion-Deathrun  (Read 839 times)

[Ms]XCrafter

• VIP
  • n00b
  • Ingame: 0Mad0Max0
Suggestion-Deathrun
« on: September 01, 2018, 11:41:56 AM »
As u see, im suggesting deatrun event so what do you think?

Zed

• ETF-Moderator
  • Regular
  • Don't bullshit me!
    • Facebook
  • Ingame: Zed
Re: Suggestion-Deathrun
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »
No need to open threads for a couple words bro you could just ask away on our discord if you've a cool idea, be constructive about the suggestion so there's a description of what you're trying to get implemented.

What's deathrun btw?  :-\

[xH]Sursu

• Server Operator (Level 3)
  • Postwhore
  • So nasty.
  • Ingame: [xH]Sursu
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 07:24:28 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZRg8AeD1No

Deathrun is a obstacle course like minigame where there are 2 sets of players, the runners and the death. The map usually features activatable traps.

The runners objective is to make it to the end of course while avoiding traps and death's objective is to kill all the runners, using the traps, before they reach the end of the course.

Should a runner make it to the end, he usually should be able to execute the death player. But there are more also other options, like another Mini-Minigame

The idea is good but regarding the aged RenderWare engine that GTA: San Andreas runs on leaves limited possibilities for the player activated traps. I guess something can be done with the ObjectMove function. And i'd also say its a bitch to script but that is not my area of expertise.

Life is a challenge but only quitters quit.

[Ms]XCrafter

• VIP
  • n00b
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 07:26:52 PM »
Deathrun doesnt always mean that one guy stand and turning traps on ..for example who first reach point he is winner and mapper can do tricks and traps

[xH]Sursu

• Postwhore
  • So nasty.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 07:32:40 PM »
The way you say it, it can already be done as a player hosted activity.

[Ms]XCrafter

• VIP
  • n00b
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 07:39:45 PM »
True, but it have to be closed event,other players could tp/opening fire etc...Isnt it more visual better when u see upthere in chat like for copchase nadeball or derby, deathrun

Zed

• ETF-Moderator
  • Regular
  • Don't bullshit me!
    • Facebook
  • Ingame: Zed
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 04:48:18 AM »
The point of what he said is, RenderWare is pretty old and limited in functionality. As San Andreas is based on it, can't really expect Redstone-like Functions from Minecraft or something. Perhaps there is some hope tho.. Albeit has to be modified and to script something like this? I don't know really.

[xH]Sursu

• Postwhore
  • So nasty.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 11:24:36 AM »
A fun twist would be to make it vehicle based (Like with the NRG-500) and the Death would be in free camera mode activating traps such as an instant barrel, a ramp that will most likely cause you to fall off, should you be at sufficent speed and to top it off, the map should slowly dissappear behind you, object by object, making stalling impossible.

Since we already have derby and that seems to be working fine, im sure Vehicular Deathrun can be pulled off.